Burkhart Dental Supply is a family & employee-owned industry leader - founded on three major principals; integrity, knowledge, and our client’s success. To achieve this, we look to attract top talent like you, that is committed to the clients we serve and to Burkhart’s long-term success. Burkhart associates are passionate about ensuring the culture is maintained as we experience stable and rapid growth within our industry.
What you'll be doing...
As a Regional Manager, you provide leadership and direction to the associates in your region. You will set and execute strategic business goals, be responsible for financial performance, and develop associate competencies while ensuring the delivery of an Exceptional Client Experience to Burkhart’s customers. This role oversees operations, sales, customer experiences, and leadership of associates.
What Does Success Look Like?
- You grow sales within your region while controlling expenses and maximizing net profit.
- You meet or exceed the financial goals established for your region.
- Your region is a model for the Burkhart culture and your on-going coaching and leadership develops your associates’ professional competencies.
- You are an engaged peer, sharing best practices and actively communicating with other Burkhart associates to advance the overall success of the organization.
Your Essential Responsibilities Include...
- PROMOTES REGIONAL GROWTH AND PROFITABILITY by controlling expenses while maximizing net profit, carefully managing financials, monitoring and responding to trends, and setting and implementing short-term and long-term goals.
- BUILDS CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS by both maintaining/strengthening relationships with key clients and by leading associates to provide an exceptional client experience. Co-travels frequently with associates to model client relationship building, coach associates, and assist with regional goal attainment.
- PROMOTES COMPANY CULTURE by modeling Burkhart’s culture with enthusiasm and authenticity, communicating with associates, addressing personnel issues promptly, building team connections, and sharing best practices.
- PROVIDES LEADERSHIP AND DIRECTION by effectively leading assigned direct reports, managing for optimal performance, setting goals for associates & holding them accountable for results, consistently supporting career growth and development, and nurturing engagement with the Burkhart cultural values: Genuine, Ownership, & Family.
- BUILDS BURKHART’S LONG-TERM SUCCESS by working closely with other leaders & departments, learning and implementing best practices, following and implementing company policies and procedures, and ensuring compliance with applicable laws.
- PERFORMS OTHER JOB DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
Who you are...
- You are committed to the Burkhart company values.
- You have effective decision making and troubleshooting skills.
- You are a planner and very organized – you like to make long-term plans and know how to develop the steps to reach those plans.
- You understand sales strategies and techniques, and you are able to build those skills in others.
- You’re flexible and able to adapt, and you respond effectively to emergencies or stressful situations in a calm, patient, and logical manner
- You have the ability to build positive working and professional relationships at all levels and across functions – to inspire confidence, be a motivating leader, and serve as a teacher and mentor.
- You know how to analyze and understand financial statements, can manage a budget, can forecast and calculate complex financial & operational data, and you can take action based on numbers and reports.
- You are a great listener and communicator, in person, via email, and over the phone.
- You’re handy with computers and software like MS Office and Skype.
- You are an engaged participant and/or leader of regional and/or corporate meetings, calls, and other events.
Education, Licensure, and/or experience that is required for success in this role...
- 10 years of progressively responsible operations and sales experience required.
- 5 years of supervisory experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve and manage sales growth in a competitive selling environment.
- The associate must maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to travel by car and plane to meetings and events. This position requires significant amounts of travel both in and out of state (up to 50% of the time).
Additional Education and/or experience that would be valued, but not required, for success in this role...
- Experience in or with the dental industry or related service/sales field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or closely related field
Some of the benefits we provide…
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Profit Sharing
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Wellness Day
- Professional Anniversary Day
- Training and Professional Development Opportunities
Burkhart’s average tenure rate of 9 years is over double the national employment average of 4 years. We celebrate the unique tenure of our team, including the 15% who have been with the organization for over 20 years. It is our goal to grow this number as we extend employment opportunities to individuals who fit our team culture of mutual respect in a collaborative atmosphere. If you are looking for a growing, employee focused, and employee-owned company where long-term growth and opportunity will be afforded you, we would love to hear from you!
Burkhart is an award-winning company; including Seattle Business Magazine’s 2014, 100 Best Companies to Work For in Washington.
To apply, please visit our website at: http://www.burkhartdental.com/careers
Burkhart is an EEO/AAP Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor