We have an exciting new opportunity as an Executive Assistant in our Merchandise department at our corporate office in Tacoma, WA!
Purpose: As an Executive Assistant, you will provide advanced, high-level executive support to a Director and department team. This support will include project management, vendor and client relationship management, advertising/media sales and coordination, budgeting, event planning, directing general office workflow, managing business schedules and travel coordination, and generally solving problems. Your fast-paced team requires someone who looks around corners to plan ahead on behalf of the organization and who serves as a firm and steady anchor to ensure the team remains focused on what is important. Effective decision making and trouble-shooting skills are essential.
What Does Success Look Like?
Essential Responsibilities Include:
· ENSURES PROJECTS RUN SMOOTHLY by thoroughly researching projects, completing planning, keeping lines of communication open, and juggling multiple tasks/priorities with independence, urgency, and attention to details while always working with a sense of urgency. Maintains the quality and timeliness of work even under heavy workloads/tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and promptly communicates & works cooperatively to resolve issues before department performance is impacted.
· KEEPS TEAM FOCUSED ON GOALS by researching, collecting, and analyzing data and information, responding to questions, and preparing for meetings/events. Creates both ad-hoc and scheduled reports, analysis, and metrics. Uses tools such as Excel, MITS, and/or Crystal Reports.
· SUPPORTS DIRECTOR AND TEAM by managing calendars, organizing meetings, planning and booking travel, and maintaining filing systems. Proactively identifies problems and resolution resources, answering questions, providing guidance, and troubleshooting issues, coordinating with internal and external teams to resolve problems.
· SUPPORTS SALES GOALS by coordinating communication on promotional programs, maintaining sales aids data base, and coordinating spiff program communication, tracking, and payouts with Suppliers and Sales team.
· COORDINATES SUPPLIER RELATIONS by working with new and existing suppliers, handling new product inquiries, securing and filing agreements and documents governing supplier relationships, monitoring rebate programs and payout estimates, coordinating recall notifications, and developing, invoicing and tracking sales tracing reports for suppliers.
· MEETS ADVERTISING GOALS by coordinating the development and distribution of marketing materials, including securing Supplier ad commitments, gathering advertising materials, working with Marketing to produce deliverables, and working with Accounting and suppliers on invoicing and collections. Schedules/coordinates and disseminates video productions and webinars.
· PLANS AND RUNS EVENTS by planning, scheduling, coordinating, and attending both major and minor events for internal and external clients with focus on anticipating issues and needs of attendees to assure outstanding experiences.
· CONTRIBUTES TO BURKHART’S SUCCESS by modeling the Burkhart culture to clients and team members, accepting new assignments, helping team members, learning new skills, and striving to improve team results.
· PERFORMS OTHER JOB DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities demonstrated by an associate in this role:
· Expert skills in writing, proofreading, editing, and both electronic and print communications.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including knowledge of professional email and phone etiquette.
· Strong business skills, including experience with financial data analysis, budgeting, report preparation, and presentation skills.
· Strong creative skills and proven ability to develop and implement unique solutions.
· Exceptional project management, organizational skills and attention to detail, including ability to multitask, show initiative, and to work successfully with frequent and critical deadlines.
· High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential company and associate information, as well as effectively exchanging information with professionals inside and outside the company.
· In-depth knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Excel, Access, and Outlook, and report generator tools such as MITS and Crystal Reports; willingness to gain proficiency in others as needed.
· Ability to be flexible in an intellectually challenging and collaborative work environment.
· Ability to build positive, respectful working and professional relationships at all levels and across functions, quickly developing credibility.
· Independent, self-motivated, and self-managing; executes accurately with minimal supervision but also able to work and contribute to team projects.
Education, Licensure, and/or experience that is required for success in this role:
· High school diploma or GED required.
· 5 years’ of administrative experience at the senior manager/director level in a fast-paced environment required.
· Experience in vendor negotiations and project management required.
· The associate must maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to travel by car and plane to meetings and events.
Additional Education and/or experience that would be helpful, but not required, for success in this role:
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business preferred.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at http://www.burkhartdental.com/careers to apply.
Burkhart is an EEO/AAP Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor